Friday, April 9, 2010

The Comforting Power of the Spirit

Recently I have been going through a lot of rough times. Personal choices mixed with the trails of this world bring  me down. If it had only brought me down to my knees. Instead I found that anger and rage would surge through my body. This uncontrolled passion led my to desire to snowboard into trees and dance until I'm too tried to move.

But our merciful Lord softened my heart in time to be able to learn the lesson that He wanted to write on my heart. I noticed that I had not been putting the Lord first in my life. I was being left to my own devices and ideas. Sadly the Lord wasn't my number one priority in my life. I allowed my girlfriend to take that spot. Thou as great as she is, my Lord and God must always come first.

So this morning I was reading the scriptures first. Before I go to work or do anything else. I asked the Father for help in my life. For guidance and His blessing. When I arrived at work to begin the daily routine of setting up online courses I felt to let my emotions go. I put on the head phone and cracked up the music and let myself let go and give into the music. It does help but doesn't heal. Doesn't make me whole. Its just an outlet.

So the idea came to my mind that I should listen to the old church talks I listened to on my mission. It brought back all the memories and feelings of the mission. I felt the Spirit strong and well.

And I sat through out the day I felt the Spirit of the Lord come over me again and again. It was such a nice and enjoyable feeling.

When we put of Heavenly Father first then all things shall be added unto us. It is also interesting to not that as I was writing the girl I wanted to see the most (my girlfriend) came and surprised me. I thought she was going to be doing something else. So that was a nice blessing that the Lord gave unto me.

God is real and does love us with all His heart. May we strive to love the Lord with all our heart too.

Brandon Fegenbush

No comments:

Post a Comment